Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm jumping on the bandwagon...

I'm doing this just because everyone else seems to be doing it...
Reasons why I think I might enjoy this blogging stuff:

1. I seem to be long-winded and like to talk and there's NO ONE out there to stop me from talking all I want to on MY Blog!! hahahaha
2. Some crazy things seem to happen to me and maybe someone out there will like to read about them...
3. I'm cool...
4. I'm anticipating a lot of traveling soon this coming summer and it'd be cool to start something I at least would like to read instead of just guessing what happened from the funny facebook albums you can make.
5. Refer back to point #3...I'd just like to reiterate that one...

Well, with all that covered, I guess I'll just start out with what's going on with my life as of right now:

I'm currently up to my neck in my master's program. I'm discovering more and more how much I DON'T like writing, but I LOVE researching...the two kind of go hand in hand so I'm finding myself in a constant battle of making myself sit and write when really all I want to do is stick people with probes and make them do extremely hard tests on treadmills...
My thesis in a nutshell is evaluating the influence hydrostatic pressure has on the body's physiological response to underwater treadmill running. More specifically I'm measuring the change in production/clearance of the metabolite lactic acid produced from skeletal muscle after a maximal aerobic capacity test. Don't ask me where I am in writing about the darn thing and especially don't ask me when I'm going to be done. With things such as my computer crashing, pure laziness, and my life seeming to go crashing down at various times this last year, my graduation has been delayed to possibly this August...again...don't ask for more details unless you really are bored!


Other things going on in my life:


1. I've decided this year is going to be another extreme racing year for me! Last year I seemed to have taken a little bit of a break from my triathlon/marathon stuff... But I'm back into it and am LOVING the training that goes along with it all over again! Well, this is week 2 of my workouts and the soreness feels GREAT! I've already got a couple 1/2 marathons planned, one marathon, and there's a 1/2 ironman my friend is trying to convince me to do the first week of June that I'm starting to convince myself is something I want to do :)

2. I'm going to Italy with the sisters this May sometime to visit with Nonno! The plan is for sure to be seeing France, travel to Italy, and perhaps we'll catch a boat to Greece for a bit. We'll have to see how things pan out but I'm thoroughly excited to have an adventure out there with the sisters! Look out Europe!!

3. Every weekend I'm here in Utah I'm hoping to be spending it out camping or something.

4. I just found out that our baby horse Gaylord isn't so little anymore and I'm going to get to start showing again! It has been 3 years since I've shown in the arena so I'm pretty excited about getting back into my Derby hat, long jacket, tight pants and pull my hair back into a bun and run around in the ring again! It'll be fun to get to go out with Phil our horse trainer again and chill around the barns.

Well, I guess this is a good enough introduction to my blog... who knows really what I'm going to put on this thing! I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of excited to have an excuse to express my thoughts on something!!! yay!

Here's to some fun adventures!

2 comments:

LA GUERA SALSERA said...

ha, ha...the picture of you with the head lamp is totally cartoon caracter #2!!

ribbij said...

calvin and bubba are glad you've allowed yourself to be stalked by interested nephews.